Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Hopping at the Hideout

Things were hopping at the Hideout Monday. The concrete truck was scheduled to be there at 9:00 a.m. I went by, opened the gate and drank some coffee. At 9:38, I decided to take a run. I made a three-mile loop and asked the carpenter if he had any word. He said no so I went back out for some more exercise. A little over two miles later, I ran by the Hideout. There was no concrete truck in sight. 

Did I mention that a crew was supposed to put up a portable building by the end of LAST week? They weren't in sight eight. Neither was the guy who is supposed to do some fencing for us. Come to think of it, the tree guy who was going to come back and cut one more tree was also missing in action. I did some more shuffling and stopped. I was talking with someone on the phone, (something I do very rarely so it must have been important) when I heard the truck. Hallelujah, praise the Lord.

I put my dancing boots on, the white rubber Cajun boots my dad got in Louisiana. I love those things. I wore them to a party once, and I was the only man there who wore white rubber boots. All the women wanted to dance with me. But I don't dance, and I am married. 

We poured concrete and it was lots of fun. This made me very happy. Something was getting done. My boots got dirty, but I washed them off and they look ready for another party. What is the concrete for? you ask. Plate City Strongman and Plate City Gym are going to be reunited in the future, and it will be better than ever. The slab is 20 X 26 and a covering over the top is on the drawing board. I know, I will have to wait and wait and wait. But I have always had to wait for what I wanted. I am so excited about all of this that I can hardly sleep at night.

After lunch I went to the pool. The water was so cloudy that I could not swim fast. I feared running into the wall and possibly breaking my neck. I could barely make out the black line on the bottom, and I missed about half of my flip turns. So I did a straight swim and stopped at 5,000 yards because I wanted to go look at the slab. When I got to the slab, the carpenter was walking on it sweeping it with a broom.

I wanted to take a nap on the slab, but instead I exercised some discipline and went home to work out for the third time of the day. I did overhead presses with the log. I know, that is a strongman move, but I still have the log at Plate City Gym. I pressed

11 X 53
10 X 57
10 X 62.5
8 X 68
3 X 73

I did a set of Swim Pulls, a set of face pulls, some lateral raises, some cable work, and a set of triceps push downs at 31 reps. I am working on both strength and conditioning. The Heart O' Dixie Triathlon is coming up and there are some guys there that need humbling. I have joined forces with some outlaws from Winston County and we plan to win the team division.

It was a good day. Something big got done and it made both me and Penny happy. Thank you, Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. Entertained here, thanks for the laugh! Keep hanging on.

    ReplyDelete