Wednesday, May 6, 2020

A Different Three

The workouts started at the secret Witness Protection hideout. I took a few light dumbbells over that morning and did a set of curls before taking a run. I have been neglecting the biceps so I thought this might be a way to work them: do curls before each run. Believe it or not, the biceps need a certain amount of conditioning for long running. I have been sore in that muscle after running marathons. No joke. Plus they are an important muscles in swimming. I have another twist planned for tomorrow. I shuffled 2.54 miles and established the basis for another route from the hideout. 

I did not swim for the same reason I did not swim last Tuesday. It might be time for a de-load on the weights. The high volume of swimming plus the heavy lifting is beginning to be a little much. I did lift at Plate City doing pulling. This time, I switched to the T-bar just for some variety. 

Later, Penny and I went to the Witness Protection hideout. I loaded my truck with some weights and hauled them over. There are now two Plate Cities: Plate City Gym at home, and Plate City Strongman at the hideout. Earlier, I took over my yoke and keg. This time I took my farmer's walk handle and over 200 pounds of plates. While I was there, I did a workout, my third of the day, the second weight workout. I did my first farmer's carries in a long time. I started with the empty handles and kept going up. Below, the numbers are the added weights to one side so double for total weight.

2 X 50 + 0
2 X 50 + 5
2 X 50 + 10
2 X 50 + 15
2 X 50 + 20
2 X 50 + 25
2 X 50 + 30
2 X 50 + 35

The 50 is feet. I went from the carport to the street and back. The handles weigh 52 pounds each, so on the last set, I was carrying 87 pounds in each hand for a total of 174 pounds. That was a volume workout, a break-it-back-in workout. Later I will go much heavier. I love those carries because they work ALL of your muscles plus they carry a conditioning component.

I drove out to check on the chipmunk. He was gone. I don't know if he was eaten by another animal or if he recovered. I am sure he was not dying of old age because his coat was so beautiful. I was also impressed at how comfortable he looked when I went back to check on him Monday. He had curled up, wrapped his tail around himself, and looked to be resting well. I prayed for him and asked other people to pray for him as well. I like to thing that God touched him and he is still out there living the life God gave him. He alone knows.

Thank you, Jesus, for a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment