Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Tuesday

Tuesday started with me unlocking the gate at the Hideout and then heading to Home Front to get more lumber. There is currently a shortage of treated lumber. When Simon and I hauled supplies Saturday, we got all the 4 X 4s, 2 X 4s, screws, nails, and concrete mix we needed. We also hauled in 70 pieces of decking for the fence. We need 300 pieces of decking. At Homefront, I was given a lecture on the shortage. Allegedly COVID-19 is responsible for this also. People being quarantined got to looking at their fences and decks and started calling carpenters and having repairs made. Huh? Who woulda thunk that. I woulda thunk that wood yards being shut down was responsible.

I was told that there were only 20 pieces on the lot. I bought them only to find out that the real number was 17. So I got all they had and went back to the Hideout. That gives us 87 pieces of the needed 300.

After unloaded and moving trash to the road, I went for a run. I shuffled for 4.1 miles. My legs were really flat from the seven miler and the squats from the day before. Penny is off work and she was in and out all morning. After the run, I did some calling around looking for more decking boards. I found some in Grenada so I set my mind to get up Wednesday morning and make the trip there to haul back all my truck will safely carry.

After lunch I met John at the pool. What? Yeah, John is back. Of course he immediately began trying to reschedule my whole life. This might get ugly. I am too busy and under too much stress for him to try to manipulate me right now. Of course I told him about things going on at the Hideout. He instantly started telling me what I need to do. If you ever read of me being arrested for assault, this will be why. You can deal with something for weeks, months, years, consult experts, think intently, weight the options, start working a plan, and when someone in the Delta hears thirty seconds of it, they have all the answers and tell you what to do. Listen people. Shut up. Keep your advice to yourself. You might mean well, but have you ever thought of how patronizing it is to hear a few seconds of something some else is neck deep in and then think you know it all?

I swam

500 warm up 9:42
500 first 100 fast 9:01
500 second 100 fast 8:53
500 third 100 fast 8:57
500 fourth 100 fast 8:51
400 easy
total: 2,900 yards =2,650 meters

Brian and still out of pocket and I decided I had no time to ride. Instead, I went back to Plate City and lifted doing both push and pull. I decided that instead of resetting, I would try my density bench press workout again. I pressed

5 X 82
5 X 102
6 X 127
5 X 127
5 X 127
5 X 127
5 X 127
5 X 127
5 X 127
5 X 127 (I did the 127s in 6:55)
5 X 122 incline
8 X 107 incline

I did some triceps push downs, some Swim Pulls, and some seated rows.

So I did three workouts and a lot of work at the Hideout. It was a productive day. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment