Sunday, May 10, 2020

Mayhem at the Hideout

Saturday was a wild and crazy day. I expected busy. I knew it would be busy. But I did not expect what I we got.

Remember my rants about waiting? Well things finally started happening Saturday. The man who is supposed to put in the slab for Plate City Strongman showed up. I was as happy as a dead pig in the sunshine. The man who was supposed to be there "in the morning" the morning before and this morning, showed up around 11:00. The tree people who were scheduled to be there Monday morning said they were coming after lunch.

I mowed the lawn and went to Twin Rivers around noon for a swim where I finished out my 20,000 meter week as

2,500 48:48
2 X 50
300 back 7:02
total: 2,900 yards = 2,650 meters

Then I went back to our Witness Protection Hideout. The tree people were there and working went I arrived. I went out for a run and did 9.11 miles for my second workout of the day. When I got back, I ate some nabs and then did a strongman workout, farmer's walk. On the carries, I did

100 X implements
100 X plus five pound per side
100 X plus 10
100 X plus 15
100 X plus 20
2 X 50 plus 25
2 X 50 plus 30
2 X 50 plus 35
2 X 50 plus 40

So the last set was 92 pounds per side or a total of 184 pounds. In all, I carried for 900 feet. Maybe next time I will time the workout and then do density training. 

After all of that, I sat down under the carport and waited for the tree people to finish so I could write them a check. One of the workers was grinding on a stump when he began to yell, "Call the gas company! Call the gas company!" He ran away from his machine, and I heard the loud "whoosh" of escaping gas. I went inside and told Penny and we began to try to call someone. Forget calling Atmos. That will make you want to shoot someone. Finally, I called 911. I was sure the whole neighborhood was going to explode.
 
The gas line in the stump. Who would a thunk it?

After a few minutes, the police arrived. A few more minutes later and the fired department showed up. It was 56 minutes before the Atmos man came on scene. By now the whole neighborhood was outdoors enjoying the festivities and inhaling the gas. It was like a party except Penny was crying. We might as well enjoy it because they were not letting anybody drive off. About thirty minutes after Atmos arrived, they got the gas shut off. Thank you, Jesus, that the neighborhood did not explode and no one died. It was a wild hour and a half. We finally got to go home after a long and wild day. Thank God for a good ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment