Thursday, May 7, 2020

Normal Three

The weather has been so nice here it's hard to believe. I haven't watched the weather, but it appears that a succession of cold fronts has brought in cool, dry air that feels amazing making it a joy to be outside. 

I went to the hideout, carried a few more plates over, and ran from there. I did 2.62 miles, expanding on my original short loop. First, I curled 15 pound dumbbells 26 reps then I took off with two pound hand weights. That worked my biceps pretty well and in a way they never have been exercised before.

After that, I went home and ate lunch, took a nap, and then went to the pool. There I did a straight swim of 5,000 yards, my longest in a while. Yes, I have backed up some to re-build for the fall. According to my watch, my average pace was 1:52 per 100, average heart rate was 119, and total time was 1:33:40. It was a nice swim in the still cool pool. Will it ever be fixed? I'm beginning to wonder.

A tree fell in a backyard two houses down knocking out power around 4:30 p.m. That did not affect Plate City, of course. There I did the obligatory leg day performing four sets of squats along with my ubiquitous rotator cuff work. I also did a set of Swim Pulls. 

When I finished, the power was still not on. I took a bath in the dark. I fixed and ate my supper in the dark. Then I booted my laptop and ran it until the battery died. After that, I went to bed. The power did not come back on until 10:30. Yeah, it was off for six hours.

So it was a nice day in the most enjoyable weather of my life. Bright skies, dry air, cool temps, and breezy conditions. Thank you, Jesus. Everybody likes to complain about the weather. I too am guilty. But I honesty can say it has NEVER felt better outdoors. If you have not noticed, get outside and enjoy some of this because it will soon be replaced by oppressive heat and dangerous humidity. Thank you, Jesus, again. If nobody else is enjoying and appreciating it, I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment