Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Four

No you didn't.

I did. 

I don't believe you.

Really, I did. Four workouts in one day. I think that is a record for me. At least I don't remember doing that before.

Tell me about it.

Thanks, I will. First, I went to the Hideout and opened the gate so the carpenter could start work. He was taking the form boards off the slab, re-sweeping it, and cleaning up the wood and stacking it so I can use it to make shelves out of. Wow. Who would of thunk that. He even fixed the ruts the concrete truck made.

Sounds like a good man.

He is. He even shows up when he says he will.

Who is this guy?

Simon Quarels. The only negative about him is he talks a lot. But a lot of people do that.

The workouts. Tell me about the workouts.

OK. First I ran.

From the Hideout?

Yes. I even did a new route. I ran over the Poplar Street Bridge and over Keesler Bridge.

And?

And what?

How far?

Oh. Three miles.

Even?

Never. You should know me well enough to know that I always want a little change. With some change on each run, you can flip up another mile by the end of the week.

How much, you dumb butt?

I ran 3.03 miles.

Not much change.

Then I went to lunch early, and to the pool around 12:30. The water was still cloudy but better. I swam

2,600 51:34
150 back 3:30
4 X 50
150 back 3:38
total: 3,100 yards = 2,833 meters.

And then?

Hang on. I'm going to tell you. Brian Waldrup texted me and asked if I wanted to ride. I had not been on my bicycle since Bikes, Blues[,] & Bayous 2019. Really. We met up at his house and drove out to Money. O'Ryan Patterson rode with us. He's a chef at Gardia's and a newbie cycler. It's kind of nice to be faster than somebody.

And? Stop dragging it out.

The total was 17.03 miles.

That's three. What did you do for the fourth?

What do you think? I lifted at Plate City, pull. I did something I have not done in a while. I did seated rows as my main move, four sets at

21 X 50
17 X 60
14 X 70
10 X 75

I also did two sets of the Swim Pull, some reverse flys, and a set of face pulls.

Wow. Four workouts in one day. I'm impressed.

You ought to be. That kind of stuff makes me want to retire. Then I could really kick Randy Beets butt.

You're not going to do it are you?

Not for at least for another year or three. Thank you, Jesus, for a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment