Friday, May 15, 2020

Hurry Up and Wait

Everything ground to a halt yesterday at the Hideout. The carpenter had to do something else. The people who were going to work on the fence must have gone into the Witness Protection themselves as have the people who were supposed to put up the storage building. 

Sigh.

I went to the pool before lunch. I swam

2,550 50:07
5 X 50
200 back 4:56
1,000 small paddles 19:10
150 medium paddles 2:51
100 back 
total: 4,250 yards = 3,884 meters.

I kept pondering and praying as to whether I should shuffle or not. My knee felt good, but maybe I should save it for the long run which I usually do on Friday. So I ran not.

At the gym, I did my density bench pressing as

5 X 127
5 X 127
5 X 127
5 X 127
5 X 127
5 X 127
5 X 127
5 X 127

All of that was done in 7:07 as compared to 7:30 last week. Yes, I'm impressed that you noticed. I did not intend to go up two pounds, but when I got ready to press, I discovered that I had moved my 11 pound plates to the Hideout. I still had some 22 pounders at Plate City. My Swiss bar weighs 38 pounds so that meant that I could go 127 or 123. I chose 127. Next week I hope to be standardized at last. After the density training, I did two more sets of lighter weights to get a little volume in. Then I did a set of Swim Pulls, a set of face pulls, and some triceps push downs.

So it was a pretty good day of working out and a frustrating day of hurry up and wait. I had to hurry up and get the carpenter some materials and then wait for him to come back.

Thank you, Lord, that although a lot of things didn't happen yesterday, things are moving ahead nevertheless. Life is good; my wife is happy. You know what they say. Happy wife, happy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment