Friday, May 29, 2020

Visitor at the Hideout

The Hideout was a bustle of activity all day Thursday. After opening up for Simon, I went to Home Front, bought, hauled, and unloaded some more of those special boards for the fence. A little after that, the cable man came, but he only did one installation. I have to call back for another appointment to get the other cables run. Who knew? 

Penny spent a good deal of the day on the phone with AT&T. Thanks to her longsuffering determination to get our WiFi working, I am typing this at the Hideout.

I was supposed to meet John at the big pool at 9:30. On a hunch I called him to see how late he was going to be. He was asleep. With so much to do, I left without a swim. I went back to the Hideout and took a short shuffle going 3.06 miles. I now have a route for that.

Next, I mowed the lawn at our Witness Protection Program place. Then I took down some of that tacky cable wire that Direct TV had put all over the outside of the house. I also did some raking in the backyard. Thanks to Simon clearing a small jungle back there to make room for the fence, we have an additional eight feet of yard.

Simon finally started putting up fencing boards on the security fence. This is a special fence that is bullet proof, fire proof, bomb proof, has a laser that will shoot down drones, and has electronic detection software installed that will prevent us from being cyber spied on.

Then we had a visitor. Of course, she had to be vetted by the FBI. They investigated her, cleared her for a visit, but still patted her down for weapons and scanned her for electronics before she could enter the house. She has to remain anonymous so I can't mention her name. Thank you for the visit, Sheila. You made our day.

After all of that, Penny and I made another haul of stuff, mostly yard stuff. Then we went to KFC for some pick up supper. I had no internet access to watch YouTube like I usually do so I had to watch regular TV.

It was a impressively productive day. Thank you, Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment