Sunday, May 17, 2020

Three the Crossfit Way

I did three workouts Saturday, but they were not my typical three of swim/run/lift. They were swim/lift/lift. Remember Friday I did not lift because I got busy at the Hideout. That meant I needed to make up a lifting session. When that happens, I normally combine two sessions into one. Not this time. 

Some things again happened at the Hideout, Saturday including my second workout. More on that later. First, I went to the pool and swam

2,550
150 back
total: 2,700 yards = 2,467 meters.

Yeah, it was short and sweet. No times were recorded because I was once more saving my storage space on the watch. I did a little bit of quality in the long warmup. I have always liked long warmups because no matter what else happens, you have worked the aerobic fibers and cells' mitochondria to keep and build your fitness base. If you don't do anything else, you have at least covered one important fitness concern. That means the warmup is usually a swim of around 65% of heart rate/aerobic capacity. Since I only needed 1800 to get my 20,000 meter goal and I was pressed for time, at 2,300 I started swimming every other 50 fast. Cagri used to make us do sets where we changed paces a lot. It's an incredibly tough way to train. They were always difficult, and I thought then that it's easier to just do it all fast.  Sure enough, the easy 50s were harder than the hard 50s. Go figure.

After swimming, I went back to the Hideout and did squats. The Safety Squat Bar is there so I did four sets of squats, three sets of leg curls (yes, I have a bench there) and one set of leg extensions. 

I went home, ate and rested. Then I went to Plate City where I lifted for workout number three, mowed the back lawn, and hung out with Pee Wee. I did lat pull downs, Swim Pulls, face pulls, and reverse band flys. So it was a pretty full day. Next week, I have some more full days planned. Thank you, Jesus, for a full life.

No comments:

Post a Comment