Thursday, May 21, 2020

Four More

Nothing happened at the Hideout Wednesday. I went over and took my run from there. After the run, I did legs at Plate City Strongman. After five sets of squats, I did three sets of leg curls and a huge drop set on the leg extension. I loaded the bar with five pound plates and after a set of 21, I pulled off a five and did ten more reps. After those ten reps, I pulled a five and did ten more. And after that, well, you get the picture. I went all the way to the bottom then hobbled my way back to the truck and went home for lunch.

With two workouts in the books, I headed for the pool after my noon meal settled a bit. I swam

2,600 50:29
1,300 tt 21:26 negative split
800 medium paddles 14:40
300 back 4:14
600 free/back with small paddles 12:34
total: 5,600 yards = 5,118 meters.

That was three workouts. Brian and I had plans for number four, a bicycle ride. We went to Money and cycled the Sunnyside Road but we stopped when we got back to the truck after only 10.3 miles. That was enough. Neither one of us is in cycle shape, but we are started. Half the battle is getting started. The other ninety percent is sticking with it.

So that made two days in a row with four workouts. What is Randy Beets doing? Probably crying saying, "It's not fair. It's not fair." Thank you, Jesus, for some good training in the midst of a good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment