Thursday, May 14, 2020

He Looked Familiar

Since I have been off work, everyday is at the Hideout. Yesterday, I carried some stuff over, and chatted a bit with the gas workers. They were not Atmos employees but sub-contractors who came to put in another gas line. Remember Saturday the tree people ruptured the gas line to the Hideout. The new people had to dig the yard up all the way from the street to he house. The poor lawn has taken a beating.

I then went out for a shuffle. While I was running, the face of one of the workers popped up in my head. 'He looks familiar,' I thought. Then it occurred to me who he looked like. He looked like Donny Mabry. Even his mannerisms reminded me of Donny. When I came back after the three-mile shuffle, I asked him, "Are you a Mabry?"

"I am," he answered.

"Is your momma Linda?"

"She is."

"I married her first cousin, Penny."

So we had a chat. Justin Mabry seems like a fine young man. I'm glad to know him.

It was still early and I had moved my squat bar over so I thought I would do my leg workout. But my knee went gimpy on me. I guess I have a cartilage issue. I can run one minute, hobble the next, and run the minute after that. I only did a few reps, not even a full set because the knee hurt too bad. I hobbled the rest of the day. Later that night, I was walking fine.

I went home for lunch and then to the pool for a swim. I did a straight 5,400 yards, which comes out to 4,935 meters. The pace was good at 1:52 per 100. My heart rate averaged 125.

So what did I get? Not three. Two plus? I'll call it two even. I tried for three but it didn't work out (pun intended).

Thank you, Jesus, for a good two. Thank you that I walked well to the coffee pot this morning. Thank you for the promise this day holds. Thank you for Centerville Baptist Church. Bless my members there. Help me to live will today. Help me to be kind to everyone I meet. May my heart be right and my mind on You.

No comments:

Post a Comment