Thursday, May 28, 2020

Wednesday

Wednesday started early with me being in True Value in Grenada at 7:00 a.m. Already I told you about the shortage of treated wood brought on by Corona. I went over there the get a load of decking boards. I was back at the Hideout and unloading by 8:00 a.m.

Penny was in and out. I took a short shuffle somewhere around 10:00 doing a mere 3.06 miles. The weather, which started out rainy and was predicted to stay that way all day, had turned clear and warm, perfect for Simon to make some progress on the fence. 

After lunch, I met John at the pool. He was late. After being out for three months, you would think he could be on time. But no. I guess he wants to show he is the king and every one has to wait on him. I had swum 1,500 by the time he got there. Then kids and lifeguards showed up so we left. They are starting to teach swim lessons and despite having two pools now, we are running into snags. I only got 2,800 in before we abdicated the water.

I had hoped to ride, but when I made my way back to the Hideout, I discovered that Simon needed some more concrete mix. I went to Home Front and while there I found out that they had more decking boards in stock so I bought a load, a load being forty-five boards. I hauled them over and unloaded and stacked them in the back. That gives us 177 boards, enough to keep Simon busy for a while. It looks like he will start putting up the boards Thursday.

A lot is going on right now, and I am trying to keep training as much as possible. Like happens and it is certainly happening now. Thank you, Jesus, for all the good changes and the training that I am still getting done.

No comments:

Post a Comment