Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Strong Start

My first full week of alleged freedom started off strongly. I ran from the Hideout  5.2 miles. I went out Wade Road but was surprised when I got there because my watch was only showing 1.8 miles. Last week, I remembered thinking that I only needed another half tenth on Wade Road to take it up to five miles. It's amazing how slow I think when I shuffle. It's like my IQ shrinks to almost nothing. Finally, I figured it out. Last Monday I went a different route to get there. Duh!

There was still stuff going on at our Witness Protections secret place. The tree people were cutting trees next door. That kept the concrete man out of our yard. He came back after lunch, and when he got started working, I went to the pool where I swam

2,550 51:20
1,250 tt 20:59
750 medium paddles 13:47
200 back 4:37
total: 4,750 yards = 4,341 meters.

I decided that this week needs to be a de-load on the weights. The original plan was to max out on the bench and lift only Monday and take the rest of the week off. The reason for that was the Senior Olympics were scheduled for Saturday, May 16th. That would give me time to recover both the muscles and the nervous system. Now I think I will do a simple de-load and begin to slowly build up again. I am, however, going to continue my density bench pressing. That is far below 80% of one rep max, and since I am only three weeks into it, I will keep progressing like planned. 

Monday I did not bench at all. My heavy Monday sessions have been leaving my shoulders a bit sore so instead of benching, I did overhead pressing with the log. Right now, my shoulders feel great. Remember the last two weeks I took Tuesday off from the pool because I was afraid that if I swam I would injure myself. Now I plan to hit it hard today. I took everything easy at Plate City. I only did one set of rotator cuff work (I usually do six), one set of face pulls (usually I do four), and one set of the Swim Pull.

I don't yet know the date of the Senior Olympics, but I am guessing September. I just hope it does not clash with Chicot. I will plan my buildup to peak then and if it is later than that, I will adjust.

Thank you, Jesus, for all the good things happening for us right now. And thank you for my shoulders feeling brand new this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment