Thursday, July 30, 2020

14/14

Wednesday I only did two, but they were a big two: a fourteen/fourteen. What do you think about that, Randy Beets? Oh, you don't know what I'm talking about. Let me explain.

I did my usual delicious lounging. CC has come back to me. She even slept with me that Tuesday night. Not on me like in the past, but on the bed with me. Last night she slept on me. It's like old times.

So when I hit the road at 9:08 a.m., that was early considering how the cats were being sweet and the coffee tasted exquisitely fine. The sky was overcast and the prediction was for a high of only 88 by 3:00 p.m. I would be finished long before that.

With the heavy clouds, I went straight out Money Road. When I run long, I like a long road. Around here, that road is called Money. But this time of year, I rarely run more than a few miles on it because there is no shade and the heat is just too much.

I had in mind going fourteen miles and change. Before leaving, I eagerly flipped through me training diary to see how far over fourteen I had gone this year. I flipped and flipped and flipped. Nada. I was sure I had done fourteen at least a couple of times, but my records said otherwise. It has been on my mind so much that I thought I had done it. Several times I left the house this year with the purpose of running that far but somehow I always failed to do it.

Not this time. I went one way for 7.13 miles. That ensured fourteen plus unless I caught a ride home. I did not catch a ride home. I started the run slow and continually slowed the pace as I went along finishing at a tempo most people can walk. But I did 14.26 miles. That should move the needle.

At the Hideout, I cooled, drank milk, and ate lunch. Then I reclined on the couch with CC, and we watched the Paul Finebaum Show. I am now convinced that major college football will start this fall, but the season will be a train wreck of cancelled games, rescheduling, and contentious ratings. I plan to run not watch.

I needed to lift, to work legs, but I needed to swim more. With Chicot coming, swimming takes priority. Since the legs were pretty much blown out anyway, I went to the pool late, after 6:00. I had it all to myself. I did not swim far. After a long warm up of 1,300 meters, I swam a mere 2 X 50 and called it a day. With 1,400 meters to go along with my fourteen miles, I had a solid 14/14 day. What do you think about that, Randy Beets?

Thank you, Jesus, for a solid day that outdistances my nemesis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment