Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Another Plate City Improvement

Monday, I upgraded Plate City one more time. I moved the treadmill over and set it up. The treadmill was in my office on Monroe. I did not run on it often. First, who likes to run on a treadmill? That's what I thought. Second, in the event that a cold day and rain and my need/desire to run all coincided, I always went to Twin Rivers. The place is well lit, TVs adorn the wall, and I usually also needed to lift also and could do both there.

Twin Rivers saw me outside of the pool maybe four or five times per year. Now with a top on Plate City, I will not have to go to the rec center to lift. In addition, with the treadmill at Plate City, I think I will prefer running at home when the weather turns inclimate. First, the claustrophobia that I felt inside that little building will be a thing of the past. Although Plate City has a top, it has no walls so there is a sense of space that is refreshing. The green grass, the new fence the 100 feet of yard all make me happy.

Second, being surrounded by all my weights gives the new treadmill space an ambiance that will beat Twin Rivers any day of the week. Did I mention the big trees in my neighbors' yards? Did I mention my little dog who loves to hang out? Did I mention that I will be home with no need to drive?

If I sound like I am bragging, forgive me. I am just excited. My fitness experience has improved drastically already, and it should only get better. Now I need to get some lights and some power out there. I am waiting on an electrician to come by. Yeah, I am still waiting. I was waiting Monday and this is Tuesday. That is my next goal, to go through one day where I don't have to wait on anyone. Good luck with that, you say. Yeah, good luck and good grace because that is what it will take. 

Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment