Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Big Pool Again

The pool was empty when I arrived, but some teenage couples got in before I left. They didn't bother me nor I them. It was another good swim, not as big as yesterday, but it had some volume and some quality. However, as the good witch in The Wizard of Oz says, "It's good to start at the beginning."

The beginning was another lazy one, one of satisfied lounging, nice-tasting coffee drinking, and affectionate cat petting. Also I finished up a YouTube video I started the night before. Right now I don't even remember what it was, but I thought it important at the time.

Finally, I dragged out of bed and dressed for a run. I did not go far, 3.63 miles, but I measured another 2.5  and I thought of two more while I ran. I have all four of them now. (more about that in another post)

When I finished running, there was still more than an hour before lunch so I went to Monroe and mowed the lawn. I thought that was a pretty productive morning. I did my usual lounging, which is important, my run, and a needed mow job.

After lunch, I rested but not as long as yesterday. In an attempt to give myself more recovery time, I was in the gym by 2:30. Since it was pull day, I warmed up with a set of one-armed rows (14 X 40) and then went into my Lenny rows for:

18 X 105
17 X 115
16 X 125
15 X 130
12 X 135

I also did reverse flys with the red cord, rotator cuff work, and face pulls. Then it was time for nutrition and hydration.

At the pool, I swam

1,200 28:16 for a warmup. Then I did three 200s on 4:35. Long course 200s are though. After three, I had had enough of those. To rest, I swam an easy 300, then went into a set of 150s with small paddles. I rested :30 between the 150s and did six of them. I rested more with an easy 400, and my last set was 100s with medium paddles :30 between each rep. I only did six of the 100s because I was getting tired. The cool down was an easy 200. All of that gave me 4,200 meters.

So it was another big day, a three-workout day, and the swim was Chicot worthy. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment