Saturday, July 25, 2020

Spell

This week, I have been on a quest to swim at least 20,000 meters. I missed the water Wednesday due to fatigue from a long run. Thursday, however, I kept myself in the hunt by knocking out 4,798 meters.

I arrived at the pool Friday ready to take care of business. I began to swim. I began to cough. Yeah, underwater while I swam I had a coughing attack. No, I did not inhale any water. I tried to keep going but eventually, I realized I would have to stop because I was afraid I would hurl. Hurling in a pool is not cool. I tried to get to 1,000 before stopping, but I only made 900.

On the wall, I hydrated, coughed a little, and seemed to recover. Starting back swimming, I began to cough some more. First a little, then a lot, then a whole lot and hard. I stopped to keep from blowing lunch in the water. I made 600 on the second swim. I did not try for a third.

What was up with that? Really, I don't know. Out of the water, I was fine, tired but fine. I went home and got on the couch. 

Was there a build up of toxic gas in the building? I have read that people peeing in the pool can result in urine mixing with chlorine which produces a toxic gas that lingers just above the water surface. Just above the water surface, by the way, is where I breathe when swimming. 

I figure it was either toxic gas, or it was God's way to get me to go home and rest because I was one tired puppy already. I had run that morning and was planning to lift that afternoon. But after the spell I had in the water, I just chilled on the couch and watched a John Wayne movie.

Thank you, Jesus, that I feel well this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment