Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Fascinating Dream

I had another one of those dreams that I have had before. Or at least I think I have had it or parts of it. I was on my old job with All-Delta Pest Control. We were in the country, in the delta, and we stopped at a hunting club house. The house was an old shotgun one, and while we were there, I thought, this would be a good place to park and run. I was looking at a road that wound off in the distance leading to a small delta town. In the other direction, one road split from another and disappeared into the horizon. I can get all the miles I want right here, was my conclusion.

Then I was in a truck with Bruce Boyd, whom I haven't seen in twenty years, and we were going to get some gas. We went to a shell of a delta town. Everything was closed. Then we were at a church. Again, we were in the wide open delta. The church was aged but ornate. The weathered red brick made it look as old as the pyramids. There were some people there, and I asked if we could go inside.

Inside, I began to talk with a stocky red-haired woman who was about my age. I asked he about the hunting camp and if any of the men in the church were members. She informed me that all the men in the church were members of that hunting club. Cha ching!

Then I began to tell to her how I wanted to park at the clubhouse and run. "I am a long distance runner," I explained. The doubt in her eyes made me try harder. "I leave a card on my dashboard with my name and phone number on it," I pleaded. 

"So they can call you later?"

"So they can call me right then if they want to." She was mistrustful. "Is your husband a member?"

"I don't know," was her answer after telling me earlier that all the men in that church were members of the hunting club. I felt a disappointment and a bit of desperation. Such an opportunity slipping away. Then I woke up. 

I find this dream fascinating for several reasons. One is the clarity of the pictures. Sometimes I have dreams where everything is blurry. Not this time. It was like watching a movie on a good TV. 

The colors were also astounding. I read somewhere that people don't dream in color. I know, however, that I often do. The bricks of the church were a fiery red and the red hair of the woman was tame in comparison.

Also, I felt in this dream. I felt excitement, anxiety, and disappointment. I don't remember feeling in a dream before. Then there was the idea that I had had this dream before. But I am not sure about that. All in all, it was one that caused me to think about it for a long time after I awoke this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment