Monday, July 6, 2020

6/29 - 7/5

It was another week of low yardage in the pool but pretty good numbers in everything else. I don't know why I can't seem to ramp my swimming back up. But that might all be Providential anyway. My shoulders are feeling better. They, no doubt, needed the reduction in work, and while my swim yardage has decreased, my rotator cuff work has not. Cha ching!

Monday I shuffled 3.85 miles and lifted some weights. Tuesday I busted out 13.6 on the road. Despite that monumental effort, I also lifted weights but failed to swim.

Wednesday I finally swam, going 3,150 yards. I shuffled a mere 1.71 miles, and did big leg work at Plate City. Thursday I took off from running, but I swam 2,400 long course meters and had a nice session at the gym.

Friday I once more let my legs rest. I lifted in the morning and swam after lunch for 3,107 meters. Saturday, being the fourth, I had thought of shuffling to Hillbilly Heaven. That would have given me a huge week. But because of a gimpy achilles, I only did a short run in the neighborhood of the Hideout and did some light leg work at the gym.

For the week, I

ran 21.46 miles,
swam 8,386 meters, and 
lifted weights six times.

That is pretty good training, but not Chicot training. I have been both busy and distracted with the move. I must regain my focus beginning this week to make Chicot happen.

Thank you, Jesus, for the move, the plans, and the hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment