Monday, July 27, 2020

7/20 - 7/26

Once more, I failed to meet my own minimum training requirements for successfully swimming Chicot. Part of the problem is I am running a lot. Wednesday, for instance, I did not swim due to fatigue from a long run in the heat. Friday, I cut a swim short due to an intense coughing spell. Saturday, I failed to swim due to overall fatigue. I know what you are thinking: cut that running in half and have a lot more energy.

That is thinking logically. I think logically also, I just don't always operate logically. I like to run. I want to run. If possible, I am going to run. All the running I am doing right now I am doing to be able to play this winter. I have several marathons and journey runs that I want to make. Now is the time to build the foundation for winter fun.

Monday, I swam 4,295 meters, ran 4.2 miles, and lifted weights. Tuesday, I swam 4,391. Notice the odd numbers. That means I was swimming in the little pool. The shuffle was 3.47 miles, and the weights were heavy.

Wednesday was the day I did not start my run until far too late. I went 11.43 miles. After that, I re-hydrated, refueled, and rested. I did some light lifting, but could not make myself go to the pool.

Thursday, I had my biggest swim practice of late after taking a 3.2 miles shuffle. I went 5,100 straight with 3 X 50 added on for a total of 5,250 yards or 4,798 meters. I also had a good session at Plate City.

Friday was the mystery day. After doing 5.33 miles of road work, I went to the pool with a made up mind to swim until seriously tired. I had the strange coughing spells that cut the swim dreadfully short at 1,371 meters. The more I think about it, the more I believe it was a chemical buildup just above the water surface. The solution to that problem is to swim outdoors. That is where I had rather do my water work, but I have to either get in the pool early or late to do that. 

Saturday, I did the old man shuffle for 2.65 miles. At Plate City, I had a really strong leg workout. However, I failed to make it to the pool. I took naps instead.

For the week, I

swam 14,805 meters,
ran a year's high 30.29 miles, and 
lifted weights five times.

That was a good week although it was better but Chicot light on the swimming. There is still time to achieve the fitness I need, however, the window of opportunity is rapidly closing on me. God help me, and thank you that hope still lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment