Wednesday, July 22, 2020

An Hour Early

More Chicot training was in store for Tuesday. But first I had breakfast with Danny Collins at Acey's. When I picked him up, he said, "Sorry I'm late. I  thought you said 7:44." I did. Wow, I was an hour early! Who else does stupid stuff like that?

Then I had to work. I went into the office to enter a schedule into our system. I had some other stuff to do. My boss, Renee Moore, called Monday to discuss the fall schedule. She pointed out that the two classes I inherited from another teacher who is leaving for a new job, gave me two different (not tooth dentist) literature classes. That would be a lot of work.

Solution? Change one of the courses so that I have one prep for two classes. Problem? Maybe some of the students have already had the other class, the one we wanted to change to. How to accomplish the solution? In the past, I would just tell Mary Joseph the problem and she would take care of it. I did not have the nerve to ask Mary Joseph's replacement to do that. I was afraid I would get me feelings hurt. So I secured a roster, looked up all the students' transcripts and determined that none of them had had a previous lit. Then I looked up their phone numbers and began calling them.

Results? I spent my morning working when I am supposed to be in the Witness Protection Program. But, I told my boss what I had done, and she had one of the classes changed so that I now have two of the same literature classes instead of two different lit classes.

Then I took a shuffle. I only did 3.47 miles, and it was hot. My legs were shot, but I got it done.

After eating and rest, I went to the pool where I did the same type of swim as I did Monday: straight with some pickups thrown in. I totaled 4,750 yards. Also, I realized that I need to start backing the lifting off a bit. I could tell by the feeling my pectoral muscles had. When I go really big on the swimming, I usually do cut some of the lifting. Next week, I will drop one set off the bench press and one off the Viking press. Everything else will either stay the same or progress.

At the gym, it was pull night. I opened with a set of one-armed rows. After that, I did five sets of Lenny rows. I like that move. That's the one I always saw Lenny of the Delray Misfits do and shook my head at. But the first time I tried the exercise (not long ago) showed me that it is an effective move.

So I finished with another three-workout day. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment