Sunday, July 26, 2020

A Little Short

Saturday morning, I slept in until about 7:00 a.m. After that I lounged long, drank coffee, and you know the rest. Sometimes, rest is the best training an athlete can do. I did shuffle in the late morning going  a short 2.65 miles. Then it was time for some serious napping. 

It was mid-afternoon before I went to Plate City. While I was there, I attempted to build some shelves in the new storage building. I did not get far with that because of the heat. It is too hot to be alive inside of there. I did do both pull and legs since I took off Friday. For the legs, I did six sets of squats and one set of leg presses. I hit the lat pull down for five sets and the rotator cuffs for a bunch of stuff. Earlier, I had thought I would do farmers carries and some other stuff. But it was so hot that an hour of lifting was all I could deal with.

Nap time returned after the lifting, and I intended to rest up and go to the pool. Even a short swim would have been much better than none, but fatigue had built up too much over the week and all I did was rest for the rest of the day and night. Still, it was a good day to top off a full week. 

Thank you, Jesus, for what I did get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment