Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Another Long Run

For the last day of June, I took a long shuffle. I did not even swim. It was supposed to be cloudy so I figured this was my chance. I left the Hideout at 7:49. I had aimed for 7:00. Not good, but that was ten minutes earlier than last week.

The clouds held up for most of the run. I went over the new bridge, down the Railspike Park, to the hospital track, over the bridge, down West Claiborne extended, across 82 to Locus Benidictus, down Sargent Pittman Drive, out Wade Road, and home. I made it 13.6 pitifully slow miles. Will I ever speed up?

After lunch, I went to Monroe and moved a few things. One thing I picked up was the chain for my overhear press/squat attachment. Then I went to Home Front and got some more wood for Simon. He came and started on the new gate. Pee Wee is climbing the old one. While he did that, I lifted and I also set my two posts. I set two 4 X 4s. One will anchor my cable machine. The other will be for attaching the overhead press/calf raise. Not only that, but I will drive spikes into the sides of them and they will do the extra duty of holding weight plates. Right now, I have stacks and stacks of weights on Penny's patio.

I did some bent barbell rows, the kind Big Lenny does. I thought I'd give them a try although when I see him do them, I think his range of motion is a joke. I was like, wow, after the first set. They hit the traps and lats hard. I pulled

12 X 95
13 X 100
15 X 105
10 X 110
12 X 115

I also did two sets of shrugs, two sets of neck extensions, three sets of reverse flys, and two sets of T-bar rows on the landmine. I don't have a proper attachment for the landmine, but I jerry-rigged something and it worked.

So despite not swimming, it was still a pretty productive day. A thirteen mile run, some heavy lifting, and some work on Plate City equals in win in my book. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment