Sunday, July 19, 2020

Cameras Everywhere!?!?!?!?!

Usually I do nothing after church on Sundays except eat. Then I nap. All day. Yes, I get in bed and except to pour myself a glass of water or use the bathroom, I stay in bed until Monday morning.

Sunday I broke the pattern. Brian asked me to ride and since I had already turned him down once this week, I decided to say yes. Brian is a friend and I rode primarily for our friendship.

When I got to his house a little before 6:00 p.m., Brian was on his porch with his wife and Johnny Smith. Not long after that, McLeod Meek rode up, then Marco pedaled to the scene to join me and Father Oryan. Johnny dropped off at the bridge leaving five of us to make our trek to Money and back. 

It did not take me long to see that Father Oryan has learned a bit about riding a bicycle. We rode easily to the bridge, Oryan and I side by side. He did not sprint out ahead of us like he did in the past. When we got into a pace line, I noticed Oryan behind me. This time he was on my tire. When it came his time to pull, he dutifully did his job and then pulled off like a pro. I was impressed.

We stopped at the fire station in Money. Someone has to take a pee. One of the group told him to go to the side of the building. Someone else said there are cameras all over this place.

Huh?!?!?

I wonder how long they have been recording my goober. I've peed all over that place. Looking up, I saw them, the cameras. Wow. They must think I am some kind of idiot.

When we started back, Brian asked who wanted to go to the front. McLeod offered and did it while Brian and I played the senior citizen card and took up the rear. McLeod pulled for almost three miles. Then I knew I would only have to take one turn at the front. 

So we had a nice ride and the guys were kind to us old men. When we got to town, I said my good byes and headed home. Glancing at my watch, I wondered why it was longer coming back than it was going. Duh! I drove to Brian's. I was almost home before I realized my mistake.

To make a short story long, it was a nice ride. I even got to talk to Mark, Brian's son and my former training partner, when I finally got there to pick up my truck. We chatted on Brian's phone, facetime. That was nice. I hope to see him in two weeks for a workout at Plate City.

Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment