Sunday, July 12, 2020

First Workout in the Updated Plate City

Saturday was a magical day for me. I slept in, drank coffee, and hung out with CC. Then I went to Plate City for my first workout there with the new top on. It was really nice since I did not have to deal with sunshine piercing my eyes or bars or plates that were hot from the sun. On the bench, I pressed

13 X 102
12 X 107
11 X 107
10 X 107
10 X 107
10 X 107
10 X 107

During my lifting, I mowed the grass and did some cleaning up. On the lat pull downs, I pulled

18 X 56
16 X 61
15 X 66
13 X 71
13 X 71

In addition to all of that, I did some reverse flys, lots of rotator cuff work, and I experimented with shrugs on the Smith machine. 

What?! You have a Smith machine?

Sort of. My lat pull down machine has a Smith bar on it. I have not used it much, but I played with it some Saturday.

Later in the day, I went out for a shuffle and did 2.44 miles. It was 93 degrees with high humidity, the toughest day we have had this year. July is that time of year, normally our hottest month of the year. No, it is not August. August in NOT the hottest month of the calendar. The problem is by August the heat has beaten us down and we are ready for a change. Last year, however, our hottest month was September. Remember? The official high was 99 or 100 every single day of the month. That was the actual temperature not the heat index. I am hoping for a normal September this time around.

Still later in the day, I mowed the lawn on Monroe. So it was a productive day. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment