Friday, July 17, 2020

Late Start

It was 10:00 a.m. before I left the house Thursday morning. The temperature was already 84 degrees, and I had my Camebak on with about forty ounces of water. I shuffled 8.14 miles then ate lunch and took nap.

After lunch, I mowed the front lawn then did some lifting at Plate City. Legs were the only thing due. After a set of high-rep squats, I did three jumps and then shuffled 1:12 on the treadmill. I then did three deadlifts, three more jumps, and 1:12 on the treadmill. To finish up, I did three deadlifts with more weight, three jumps onto a stack of weight plates, and another 1:12 on the treadmill and a millisecond under my typical pathetic pace. My plan is to use the treadmill in my leg workouts and to try to lower my shuffling pace a bit.

I went to Monroe and picked up Baby Kitty. We have moved the cats one at a time. We just thought it would work better that way. Like the other cats, he hid at first, but eventually he came out and slept with me and Luvie. CC is still boycotting me since we brought Luvie over.

At about 6:00 p.m., I went to Twin Rivers. There were kids in the pool. What!?!?! Not to worry. We now have options. So I swam the little pool for:

1,500 29:11
2 X 50
2 X 75
2 X 100
1 X 150
750 medium paddles 13:34 
200 free/back by 25s 4:25
total: 3,300 yards = 3,016 meters.

Thus it was a good day. I did my big three workouts, did some mowing, and dug a little more on the latest hole I am working on to set another post. Why the post? you ask. I will make another plate tree out of it.

Thank you, Jesus, for the problem of having too many weights.

No comments:

Post a Comment