Friday, July 31, 2020

Four

How many?

Four.

Four?

Yes. 

I don't believe you.

Well it's not the first time.

Not the first time what? That I didn't believe you or that you did four?

Yes.

Huh?

Let me tell you about it. It started with a run, not a long one, but one that I needed to make to stay on track for my goal of the week. I shuffled 3.61 miles to bring my week's total to 25.9. And I still have two days to go. Since I did not lift Wednesday, I needed to do legs and pushes. The problem was that it was Thursday and a full scale leg workout would not give me time to recover by Saturday which is when I usually go heavy on the lower body. What to do? I did deadlifts which work the legs but place more of the strain on the low back. In fact, I set a new Association of Sports Strongmen world record by pulling 200 pounds.

OK, that is two. How did you get two more.

The run and the deadlifts were in the morning. After lunch I did my benches and accessory work. On the bench, I pressed

12 X 100
  8 X 115
  6 X 130
  5 X 140

Three down and one to go.

So you went to the pool, right?

Right. I did a straight swim, my second one of the week. This time, I went 100 meters farther than I did Monday. I did 5,200 in 2:04:34 at 2:11 per 100. That made four. What do you think about that, Randy Beets?

Thank you, Jesus, for four solid workouts in one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment