Thursday, July 9, 2020

Another Rain Out

Rain fell, sometimes heavy, all Wednesday morning. I did what I always do when it rains and I'm off. I lounged, drank coffee, hung out with CC. Also I blogged. The last three years have been much wetter than the previous twenty. Consequently, I blog a lot more now than then. Last year I posted 428 times. This year I am on pace to beat that number.

After lunch I went out for a run. Since it was still cloudy and threatening more rain, I figured it was a good time to go long. I went 10.43 miles, and it was a tough run from the start. Tuesday I did 4.04 as opposed to my usual 3.8. Is that enough to make a difference? you ask. Evidently it is. I was not well recovered and my hips were tight from the start. I slogged through the run at an embarrassingly slow pace. I barely passed one walker and failed to catch another.

I did not finish the run until about 4:30 so I texted Brian and told him I was out. We were going to ride. I then tried to decide if I should go to the pool or go to the gym. I decided on Plate City and then the bottom fell out. I mean it rained horses and cows. This made the second time this week I have been rained out of a gym session. 

Not to worry. The people are supposed to come tomorrow to install my top.  Finally. That will end rain outs for ever. At least most of them. I guess you can still have a hard blowing rain that could mess things up, but that will be rare. I will post a video, of course. This will be the biggest improvement to Plate City ever. I am as giddy as a little boy on Christmas Eve expecting his first bicycle.

While I type this, it is rainy again. Mind you, this is July. Usually it rains three times in July. Climate change is real. Springs are colder and longer and wetter than they used to be. Winters are colder. Summers are about the same but rainier. I still long for the prophesied global warming. 

The Bible speaks of those who live through the end times. Revelation 7:16 says, 

They shall neither hunger anymore nor thirst anymore; the sun shall not strike them, nor any heat; (New King James Version).


Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment