Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Wrong Three

I started this week off with three workouts, but they were the wrong three. Maybe I should say it like it really was. They were the right two and the wrong one. Allow me to explain.

I took a shuffle around mid-morning. That was a right one. I am enjoying my running now. Remember, I was off for two years. Two years. I had a good year on 2016. I won my age group in some pretty competitive races, and I ran a full marathon at the Mississippi River Marathon and half. Then tragedy struck with a knee injury that sidelined me for two full years. I started back running in January of 2019. I have been running consistently since then. My pace, however, has never rebounded. I shuffle along like an old man. I know what you are thinking. You are an old man. That's besides the point.

So I shuffled 4.2 miles, a good start, then went straight to the new and improved Plate City for a massive leg workout. What?!? I thought you always started with a push session. Almost always. But I only did legs once last week so they were due. I did seven sets of squats, two sets of leg presses, and some extensions and other stuff.

After lunch, I went out to run some errands. I took my swimming stuff with me and called Twin Rivers. They were giving lessons in the indoor pool. Dang it. I missed another swim. But, you ask, why don't you swim in the morning like you used to? I'm too lazy, OK? Actually, I still arise fairly early, but I like to start my day slowly. John has been out for a while now, and I swim when I want to. When I can.

OK, I get it. But why did you not swim at night? Good question. Brian wanted to ride and that was my third workout and the wrong one. I must prioritize swimming from now on or Chicot will be off. I told Brian that, that this was my last bicycle ride of the summer. He was not happy, but I have to do it. 

So I had a full day, but I missed a swim at a time when I cannot afford to miss swims. It has been nine weeks since I swam 20,000 meters in one seven day cycle. Nine weeks. Twenty thousand is the minimum that I need to do the big swim. God help me because it is slipping away.

No comments:

Post a Comment