Friday, July 3, 2020

A Nice Day at the Hideout

My foot came off the accelerator a bit Thursday. I swam and in the big pool. When I got to around 2,000, I felt a twyinge in my left pectoral muscle. Better sorry than safe as they say so I stopped at 2,100. After a little stretching and rest, I did 3 X 100 with small paddles and called it a session at 2,400 meters. Not bad but not really good.

Then I went to Monroe where I met a buyer of my hoop nets. I posted them for sale on Facebook Market Place late Monday night and my Facebook blew up. I mean could not keep up with the inquiries. Who woulda thunk it? Not me.

After that, I went to the Hideout where blogged, drank coffee, and hung out with CC. I thought about taking a shuffle, but since I have an achilles tendon that is a little gimpy, I decided against it. Instead, I drank more coffee, watch some of the Delray Misfits on YouTube, and hung out with CC.

The afternoon passed without me getting much anything done. Finally, with the sky threatening to drown every living creature on earth, I cranked the mower and did the lawn. It only takes about thirty minutes to do the whole Hideout yard. It's an easy yard to mow and I enjoy it. It's mine and I take the kind of pride in it that I did when I bought on Monroe all those forty-two years ago.

I then changed into a dry shirt and went to the new and improved Plate City Gym. It was push day, but instead of going heavy I did a small adjustment of Monday's bench session. I pressed

11 X 102
10 X 107
10 X 107
10 X 107
10 X 107
10 X 107

Did you catch the difference? In the six-set workout, I added a rep to the first set and five pounds to the subsequent five sets. I am in a phase of volume building. Why? Conditioning and variety and experimentation. That is one thing I am beginning to understand about lifting weights: there is an infinite number of ways to do it, and none of them are wrong.

I also did rotator cuff work, some overhead pressing on my newly set up press attachment, and some face pulls on the newly set up cable machine. I love Plate City. I am growing have grown weary of waiting for my top. When it gets installed, Penny will have a hard time getting me to come indoors. What else is new?

Thank you, Jesus, for the Hideout. We appreciate it, enjoy it, and recognize it as a blessing from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment