Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Finally

I finally did a swim practice worthy to be called a Chicot preparation. The day went like this. First, I worked on registration for school. I am supposed to be off contract and in the Witness Protection Program. But I have and it looks like I will continue to work a lot. Sigh.

Around 11:00 a.m., I took a shuffle. I went 4.2 miles to begin what I hope will be a heavy mileage week. After running, I ate some lunch and lounged.

I did not get into the little pool until 3:00 o'clock. I did a straight swim with some pickups thrown in. At 1,000, I threw in a hard 50. Later it was as hard 75, then a hard 100. Around 3,000, I busted out 300 like I was racing Randy Beets. I stopped after 4,700. That is not huge, but it is pretty big and worthy of a Chicot prep.

After a good run and a good swim, I needed a good lift session at the gym. I got it. It was push day, and on the bench, I pressed

15 X 102
14 X 107
13 X 107
12 X 107
11 X 112

In addition to that, I did three sets of Viking presses along with the ubiquitous rotator cuff work. So I had a solid day. I need to hit the pool hard again tomorrow. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment