Saturday, July 11, 2020

A Big Fat

Zero. A big fat zero.

What's that? you say.

Workouts. I did not do a single one Friday.

It was the day the workers were supposed to come to install the top to Plate City Gym. So I slept in, charged my phone, and waited for their call. Three guesses as to what I did while I waited. OK, I am predictable. Yes, I drank too much coffee, blogged, and hung out with CC. Not only that, but I listened to a lot of old music on YouTube: "Pancho and Lefty," "City of New Orleans," "El Paso," "That's the Way Love Goes," "You Never Even Called Me by My Name," "455 Rocket," and "Hotel California." That's the beauty of YouTube. You can find anything.

About 9:30 the worker called. "I'll be there around 1:00," he said. That had me high as a circling buzzard. What to do now? I thought about running, lifting, or swimming. I chose to mow the front lawn. I needed to mow the back also, but it was too wet there. The yard on Monroe needed mowing, but the top took priority.

One o'clock came and passed without a call or a knock on the door. Two o'clock came. Then 3:00. Around 3:30 I called his number. He did not answer. His office called around 4:00. Finally, he called around 4:30 and said he was on the way. He and his helper showed up about 5:00.

To make a short story long, they did it. It took them about two hours, but Plate City now has it top. Pictures and a video will follow later. I am as happy as a dead pig in the sunshine. Just this week, in the month of July, I got rained out of two workouts. Now, that should be a thing of the past. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment