Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Another Monday

Monday was another disappointing start of the week in terms of swimming. I didn't do it. Laziness set in and I lounged late before going out for a run. I did an easy 3.85 miles before going to West Monroe to mow grass and move some stuff. 

After lunch I went by the pool. It was filled with kids taking swimming lessons. 

Sigh.

So I went back to Monroe, finished the backyard and moved some more stuff. Then I began to plot my next workout. Simon came by and measure for the new gate. Pee Wee has learned to climb the gate and he likes being out so Simon is going to make it more Pee Wee proof and Randy Beets secure. 

I worked some on my post holes. I am setting two 4 X 4s, one to anchor my cable machine to and another to put my overhead press/calf machine on. Also I will use these posts as plate trees. I'll drive spikes into them and load them with all the plates that currently cover my wife's patio. So I posthole dug and lifted. On the bench press, I did

10 X 102
10 X 102
10 X 102
10 X 102
10 X 102
10 X 102

Then on the close grip, I pressed

8 X 92
8 X 92

All of this was with the Swiss bar. I did two sets of three reps overhear press with a thirty pound dumbbell. That plus a bunch of rotator cuff work finished the day for me. If I had only made a swim it would have been a full day. Still a day of training.

No comments:

Post a Comment