Saturday, June 27, 2020

1,823rd Post

I thought I should do something special since this is my 1,823rd post. It is always memorable to hit those milestones. But I could not think of anything to write about. So I am writing about nothing.

I did unfollow someone on Instagram this morning. This guy makes political posts. I don't do politics on Instagram. I won't tolerate it there. I will unfollow anyone on the mildest post even if I agree with the position. Facebook has been ruined by politics. Raise your hand if you have ever switched political positions because of a Facebook post. Come on, I'm waiting. That's what I thought.

So why alienate people? I suppose some folks just can't help themselves. I have often been tempted to post something, or like, or unlike, or comment on a political post. I have, however, always held my position and refused to do anything political on social media.

As I said already, Facebook has been ruined by people who think they are making the world better by posting their disinformation. I am too deep into that platform to pull out. It is the chief way I publicize my charity swim, The Chicot Challenge, so I am sort of stuck there. I built up a lot of friends in an effort to make my publicizing efforts efficacious. On Instagram, on the other hand, I have deliberately kept my page small. I follow not many people. When I scroll through that platform, all I see is swimming, cats, lifting weights, and running. Today I saw a political post. It was mild, but I went to the poster's page and immediately unfollowed. If Instagram were to get ruined, well, I am not going to allow mine to go that way. I think I can.

So, I couldn't think of anything to write about for my 1,823rd post. That's a shame really. Maybe when I hit 1,861 I will have a topic worthy of that milestone.

No comments:

Post a Comment