Thursday, June 11, 2020

Three

I already told John I was going to be out Wednesday. I tried to call him and tell him I could swim, but he never answered his phone or called back. So I slept in and had a slow start day. I drank coffee, blogged, and studied for Sunday. It was glorious.

Then I went out for a run, not long, just 3.08 miles. After shuffling, I did legs at Plate City Strongman. I have been doing legs and strongman stuff at the Hideout for several weeks now. I am becoming very anxious to get the rest of my equipment over and set up. I'm waiting on the portable building people to come set up my top. I don't want all my stuff in their way went they work.

I did regular squats, seven sets worth, and something new. I did yoke squats, which I have done before, but this time I did them off some blocks which gave me an additional four inches of range of motion. These should be of some value since the knee angle is about the same as when I run. The ones I did before were strictly an ego lift. I could do lots of weight, but the range was so short that I wonder if it could ever transfer to real world movements. On these I did singles starting at 158 pounds and I went up to 218 pounds. It was a nice workout at the Hideout. I took my shirt off and felt free to be me behind the eight foot anti-Randy Beets fence.

I saw Brian Tuesday when I was running. He is back from vacation. He hollered out the window of his passing truck, "When are we going to ride again?" 

I shouted back, "Tomorrow."

He, I, and Father O'Ryan drove to Money and did 15 miles. Despite the wind, the run, and the weights done earlier in the day, we had a good ride, which gave me my third workout of the day. Thank you, Jesus, for three solid workouts. Thank you for the Hideout. Thank you for life, health, and interests which makes it all fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment