Friday, June 19, 2020

Swimming Dream

Yesterday I wrote about a running dream I had the night before. In that post, I was musing about why I dream on that so infrequently and why I dream about swimming even less. To my memory, I have had exactly one dream on swimming. Low and behold, last night I dreamed about swimming.

In my only other swim dream, I was about to compete in the Olympics and I was trying to get ready to go to the pool but stuff was happening preventing me from being on time. I was thinking, this is the only time I will ever have to do the Olympics and I am going to miss it.

The odd thing is, shortly after that dream, I was informed about the Mississippi State Senior Olympics. I checked it out, signed up, and swam four events, winning them all, in April of 2019.

Last night, we-- my opponent and I-- were walking to the water like two boxers making their way to the ring. Then I remembered that I had no sunscreen. We were going to race in Chicot all day long. I asked if anyone had any Desitin. No one did. Then the dream shifted. I was looking down on our venue which was now a created water track. The setting had switched to Mexico and the "pool" had wooden sides that looked like railroad ties. It was an oval, and we were going to race laps. Huge grandstands towered over the water giving the crowd a birds-eye view of the spectacle. 

Does it mean anything? I really don't know or even suspect that it does. Maybe, however, it portends some future event I will compete in. All I can say is, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment