Thursday, June 25, 2020

Long Run

Since it was supposed to be cloudy and only 79 degrees warm by noon, I thought Wednesday would be a good day for a long run. These are a bit tough to get in sometimes so I am constantly checking the weather forecast to look for an opportunity.

I hit the road about fifteen minutes before 8:00. I ran to Kenneth Street and turned south towards Claiborne. Then I heard someone coming up behind me. I looked around and it was Pee Wee. Despite the anti-Randy Beets fence, the little rascal has been getting out. He wanted to go with me, poor baby. I turned around and tried to get him to follow me home. Nothing doing. I got in the truck and went after him. When he saw the truck, he thought it was fun and games and he took off at over twenty miles per hour. Luckily, he ran a squirrel up a tree and that gave me my chance to nab him. I had to lease him on the back steps.

So I started again. To make a short story long, I shuffled for 13.28 miles. My legs felt OK, but the pace was horrendously slow. What else is new? I took nutrition, changed clothes, ran an errand, ate lunch, and took a nap. That was it. I did no other workouts. The swimming was sacrificed for the long run, and the legs could not handle weight work after that.

Thank you, Jesus, for a nice long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment