Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Long Run in June

I met John at the little pool and swam 2,500 uninspired yards. All the cancellations have taken the wind out of my sails. Then I went home and since it was rainy/cloudy, I thought it would be a great time to get a long run done. Long runs become difficult this time of year. You get tired of zigging and zagging through town looking for shade. And Money Road and constant sun can be too much. So I filled my pack with water and headed out the door and towards Money Road. I went for 12.25 miles and had water left over when I got back to the Hideout.

It had been over two weeks since I last ran long. Last week, however, I did my triathlon and a 7.8 mile run. My legs held up well. I was slow, but not as slow as my 11.1 miler that I did on May the 22nd. I want to get back into marathon shape and that requires long runs. Maybe I can make it happen all summer. The problem is the temperature. I could get up early and run, but that is when I swim. I could run after 5:00 p.m., but then I am away from home when Penny is there, and I have problems sleeping. Maybe I can catch enough rainy days to not only keep up my current endurance, but to build throughout the summer.

Thank you, Jesus, for a long run on June the 8th.

No comments:

Post a Comment