Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Please Come Home

I keep thinking they will come back. They've done this before. Like un-neutered tom cats, they are prone to ramble off and stay gone a week or two. Or three. This time it has been over a month and there has been no sighting of them.

Maybe that's not true. Maybe they have been seen out on the road. Maybe that's the problem. They can't be in two places at once. They don't seem to want to hang out at the pool, at the gym, and on the road all at the same time. 

I am now in crises. If Mo and Joe don't return to the pool, Chicot is in trouble. My last four weeks of swimming totals look like this:

10,464
  6,400
  5.982
  8,700

Already this week, I have missed one day at the pool and only swum 1,100 the other. This won't do. I am in weight shape. I am in a modicum of cycling shape. I am in running shape. No longer am I in swimming shape. 

If you are a praying person, pray that my wayward trainers will come back and get busy on the job. Please. I need them. Help me, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment