Monday, June 29, 2020

6/22 - 6/28

The swimming slide continued last week, but I like to think that I hit the bottom. Plus, it was a good week for running and a moderate one in the gym. Here are the details.

Monday started with a mid-morning shuffle of 3.8 miles. I did not swim because it was stormy when I got to the pool. I could have gone indoors but I had lots on the agenda. I did my push workout at the gym but did not ride a bicycle.

Tuesday I swam a mere 1,100 meters. That was better than a poke in the eye. At least that is what I told myself. I did a 3.77 mile shuffle and performed my pulling at the gym.

Wednesday I chose not to swim so I could get in a long run. I shuffled 13.28 miles, which was my longest in over three years. With that much running, I was not about to work legs at Plate City.

Thursday I swam 2,400 yards. I went inside because of the weather outside. Praise God I have that option now. I only shuffled 1.68 miles because the legs were so blown out from the day before. I also failed to lift.

Friday, however, I backed off even more. I did not lift, did not run, nor did I ride. What I did do was to swim 3,100 yards which made 2,833 meters. That almost felt like a real swim practice. I hope that bottomed my out in the water and that I can now begin to rebuild for Chicot.

Saturday, I shuffled for 7.52 miles giving me a big week on the road. I also did push, pull, and legs at Plate City. I was awesome. 

For the week, I 

swam 6,124 meters,
lifted weights four times, and
ran 30.05 miles.

That was good running, my biggest week in over three years. Now I need to rebuild my swim endurance and get ready for Chicot. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment