Monday, June 8, 2020

6/1 - 6/7

My slide in the water continued last week. Monday I swam in the big pool for the first time this year. I did a total of 2,100 meters. I took a short run of 1.36 miles, and lifted total upper body.

Tuesday I did my birthday triathlon of 60.75 miles. I swam 1,700 meters, cycled 50.25 miles, and shuffled and walked 9.5 miles. It was a good workout. It was real. It was fun. But it was not real fun.

Wednesday morning, I slept in. When I did stir, it was for an easy 1.43 mile run and some light weight lifting. Thursday I did 3.13 on the road and some more lifting. I don't remember why, but I did not swim.

Friday, I swam 2,600 straight and went out for a long run hoping for 11. I stopped at the Hideout after 7.8 to get some more water. It was beginning to storm, and I decided to tap for the day.

Saturday I ran for 3.32 miles and did not one but two weight sessions. First, I did a strongman workout at the Hideout. I alternated farmer's walks with squats and then finished with farmer's deadlifts. Later, I went to Plate City and worked shoulders.

For the week, I

swam 6,400 meters,
lifted weights four (or five) times,
cycled 50.25 miles, and
ran 22.04 miles.

That was not a bad week except for the swimming. Maybe this week I can get back on track in the water. Chicot is still a ways off, and that is part of my problem right now. The Senior Olympics have been cancelled. The Heart O' Dixie Triathlon has been cancelled. I don't have anything to train for right now that calls for a lot of tough sets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment