Thursday, June 18, 2020

Long Run in the Sun

I was supposed to meet John at the pool, but instead of just not showing, he actually called and said he was going to be out. Since I had a lot to do already, I decided immediately to take the day off from swimming. First, I had a Zoom meeting at work. That lasted an hour and eighteen minutes. Then I had a light lunch and went out for a run. Since it was only predicted to hit 86 and there was an occasional cloud in the sky, I decided to go long. Last week, I got in a 12.25. Long runs are problematic in this heat. This was my chance, I thought. I zigged, zagged, and went out Wade Road, hit the gravel, and came in on Money Road. To make a short story long, I shuffled 12.67 miles. My time was pathetically slow. Maybe that is part of the new norm.

I was too tired when I got in to lift weights. I took a shower, took nutrition, and took to bed. I will try to double up next time. It was good to get that distance in this time of year. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment