Sunday, June 14, 2020

Saturday

John and I were supposed to swim Saturday morning. I called and begged off. I was tired, and I needed to study. So it was a slow start day for me. I thought about running, but I already had a good week on the legs and figured it prudent not to push too hard so I did not run nor did I ride the bicycle.

I got tired of lifting in two places so I moved most of the rest of my stuff to the Hideout. I still have a few of the heavy things over there: a leg press, a reverse hyper machine, and a seated calf machine. Gerald said he would help me move that next week. What I did do was to perform my first upper body workout behind the Great Anti-Beets Wall. I set up my rack, bench, and lat pull down machine and went to work. I did the whole body. On the bench, I pressed with the Swiss bar

11 X 102
  8 X 112
  7 X 122
  6 X 127

I decline benched 15 X 97

On the lat pull down, I hit

25 X 53
16 X 63
13 X 73
  8 X 83

The Swim Pull

24 X 50
14 X 56
10 X 60.5
  7 X 62

I also did six sets of squats followed by a new Association of Sports Strongmen lift, the blocked Yoke squat. That is squats off a four inch block using the yoke. I did

3 X 158
1 X 208
1 X 228
1 X 232 (new ASS world record)

It was satisfying to do the whole body at the Hideout. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment