Saturday, June 20, 2020

Friday

After Thursday's super training, I backed off some Friday. I knew from walking around the house that my legs were not going to want to run. Thursday I ran, lifted heavy on the squats and other leg moves, and also rode a bicycle for over twenty miles. The legs were toast. 

So running was off the agenda, but swimming was not. I was supposed to meet John at the pool at 7:00 a.m. He was late. I met a young man, Andrew Sims, for the first time. He wore goggles but swam less than proficiently. When he got out, I stopped and spoke to him. Turns out that he needs to improve his swimming for a career he is pursuing. I offered to help. We are supposed to meet next Monday morning. 

I did a total of 1,900 uninspired meters.

Later in the morning, I did both push and pull at the new Plate City Gym. On the bench, I used the Swiss bar and pressed

12 X 102
  8 X 122
  6 X 127
  5 X 132
  4 X 132

On the lat pull down, I pulled

20 X 55
13 X 65
12 X 75
10 X 80
10 X 81.5

I also did Swim Pulls, reverse flys, neck work, and rotator cuff work. 

Being off from running gave me more time. I went to the old Plate City Gym and mowed the lawn there. Then I realized that I still have two plate over there, 100 pounders. I really have no need for plates that large, but I acquired them in my leg press deal so I need to move them. 

In short, it was a good day. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment