Saturday, June 27, 2020

Friday Rain

The sound of rain pattering on the roof greeted me as I awoke Friday morning. That meant probably no swimming in the big pool. Also it added to my laziness that was precipitated in part by my 13.28 mile shuffle two days before. A slow-start day for sure.

I have cut my coffee consumption to two cups per day. They are big cups, but that is still a major reduction. It caused me some physical problems when I drink as much coffee as I want. 

Two yards that I am responsible for needed mowing. Wasn't going to happen. Shelving in the new building needed done pretty severely. Wasn't going to happen. Lifting at Plate City needed doing quite a bit. Wasn't going to happen because the top I have ordered has not been installed yet. Running on the road needed to happen. But a few sore places on my body meant it wasn't going to happen. What was going to happen?

What happened was I hung out with CC while I blogged (three posts-- I don't always put a link on Facebook. If you really want to keep up, go directly to the blog. But how to do that? I have a direct link on my Facebook page). She has been very needy lately. I like needy cats because I am a needy man. 

After lunch and a nap-- yeah, doing nothing wore me out-- I went to the pool, the little one and swam

2,050 40:53
5 X 50
300 small paddles 5:43
300 medium paddles 5:28
2 X 50 large paddles
100 back 2:33
total: 3,100 yards = 2,833 meters.

That was only my third swim of the week. I hope I have hit the bottom of my free fall and can now begin to rebuild. Chicot requires it. Thank you, Jesus, that I got as much done as I did. Please send Mo and Joe back to me. I miss them. I need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment