Saturday, June 6, 2020

A Normal Day?

In some ways it felt like my first day of freedom. Simon was finished with the terrorism proof, anti-Randy Beets fence. I did not have to get up to open the gate, and I did not have to make any trips to Home Depot. I could begin to establish my new normal, how things could be when I got to run my day my way.

I was supposed to meet John at the pool at 7:00 a.m. You see, I never get to to run my day my way. He was late, of course, and he had to stop me when he got there which infuriated me because it messes up my watch. He had to be out by 8:20. That is why he stopped me. By the way, he was an only child.

Having not swum since Tuesday and only a little then, and having my yardage way down for three weeks in a row, I could tell I had lost fitness. I swam straight for what my watch said watch said was 2,600. When you stop and start in the middle of the pool, it will often throw in an extra lap. So I don't know what I swam. It might have only been 2,500. Probably was. Pray for me. If John tries to stop me next time, I'm afraid I will become violent.

After swimming, I went to the Hideout and drank more coffee. Then I worked in the yard, trying to straighten out the drainage and fill in some ruts and holes. The tree people left ruts and the gas people messed up the drainage in the front. So I moved dirt in an attempt to fix all of that.

A little after 2:00, I went out to try for a long run. I said "try for" because it becomes more difficult each year to run in this heat. It was about 90+. I began to zig and zag seeking shade and finding some. Actually, I was dealing with the heat pretty well. Then a cloud blew up. I was on Grand Blvd so I got off it as quickly as I could. I headed back towards the Hideout to get some more water. It was beginning to sprinkle when I went inside and re-filled my pack. Then it began to pour. It was warm enough to run in the rain, but I did not want to. Also the lightning began to strike so I settle into some TV. I had done 7.8 of a hoped for 11 miles.

Sigh.

Still not a bad day. I like running from the Hideout and am anxious to get the rest of Plate City over here. I am waiting for some other people to put up a storage building and to put up my top for the gym. Back to waiting. Thank you, Jesus, and help these people get here and get their work done.

No comments:

Post a Comment