Tuesday, June 23, 2020

The Tradition Continues

I was supposed to meet Andrew Sims at the pool at 7:00 a.m. John was having a pacemaker installed in Jackson. Andrew kept up the tradition and did not show. At least he did not show while I was there. I hate to admit it, but I did not swim. The weather was stormy, and I waited on Andrew. When he had not arrived my 7:05, I left. I had lots to do.

The first thing I did was blog a couple of posts and then go out for a shuffle. I did the basic loop for the first time. It was 3.8 miles. By basic loop, I mean from the Hideout to the Boulevard, to Rosemary Lane, to Robert E. Lee, to Hemingway, to Weightman, to the Hideout. I have been curious about that one for a while. Now I know.

One of the joys of being at the Hideout is that all the running routes are new. Not only that, but I am learning distances to and from various points in town. After living on Monroe for forty-two years, I always knew how far I was from home. Now I am learning that all over again. It's exciting.

I just had time to get a lift in before lunch. We were having a get together at the Greenwood Center for Mary Joseph and Sheila Rigby's retirements. At the new and improved Plate City, I benched on the Swiss bar

10 X 102
11 X 107
10 X 112
  9 X 117
  8 X 122

Besides that, I did some dumbbell over head pressing and lots of rotator cuff work.

The lunch was nice as all gatherings of our people there. Afterwards I went home and thought about swimming. I could have gone to the little pool, but laziness overtook me. The proposed bicycle ride was cancelled due to weather so I got on the couch and channel surfed for the rest of the afternoon. 

Thank you, Jesus, for the lovely lunch and the lovelier leisure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment