Saturday, June 13, 2020

Friday

I was supposed to meet John at the pool at 8:30. He didn't show. What else is new? Since he had gone to Jackson the day before, I was not surprised. Those trips wear him out and he always sleeps in the next day despite protesting to me that he will be at the pool. I swam a mere 1,200 meters straight and got out. Despite having filed a missing persons report, Mo and Joe are still not to be found.

I had a bunch of errands to run. I went to Indianola to meet someone on some land business. Then I went by the portable building place to talk about my purchases. They had customers inside so I left. I wanted to tell them not to do it, to try someone else. I wish I had.

Then I went to Plate City and started clearing a path to move my rack. Clearing a path to move it, led to me actually moving it. By myself, I got it loaded, hauled to the Hideout, unloaded and moved to the slab. Then I went back to did the same thing with my lat pull down machine. I also got some more plates and the rest of my dumbbells. Plate City is now about 95% moved. The only big thing remaining is my reverse hyper machine. I'm going to need help with that. Now the next time I bench press, it will be at the Hideout, now more lifting here and there.

After lunch and a nap, I took to the trail and road for a run. I hit the Yazoo River Trail for over a mile, then ran the partially shaded streets of Greenwood. I went for 6.62 miles which allowed me to amass my highest weekly total of 2020. I'll tell more about that in Monday's post.

Penny and I went the Grenada after she got off work. We went to Walmart there and then to 333 Restaurant for a pick up supper. We took our takeout to the lake and walked in to a picnic table. We were there only minutes before a park ranger came by and over the loud speaker of his truck shouted at us, "That area is closed." Huh? We can't eat five feet inside the gate? We left, being the law and order people we are.

On the way out, we stopped at Spencer's. We always stop at Spencer's. I got a large strawberry shake and Penny got a large strawberry cone. We then had a nice drive back to the Hideout where I slept well in preparation for Saturday's workouts. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment