Monday, September 21, 2020

9/14 - 9/20

This was Oaks week which meant I had to try to train some and get fresh at the same time. I did that by shifting my hard work towards the front of the week, Monday and Tuesday and then tapering off. Monday, I slept in and did not run to the pool. I did my multi-paced run, and my heavy squat day.

Tuesday, I shuffled to the pool, 1.98 miles there, swam 2,100 meters, and ran home for an additional 2.28 miles. That gave me 4.26 miles of roadwork for the day.

Wednesday, I shuffled to and from the pool. I went there in 1.8 and came back in 1.8 for 3.6 miles. At the pool I swam 2,800 meters. At home, I did some light lifting, light because I was pressed for time. It was getting late, and I do not like getting bit by mosquitoes. 

Thursday. I did the 1.8 and 1.8 again. This time I swam a bit farther, 3,400 meters, but when I got home, I was done.

Friday, I slept in since it was my first Friday off in the last five. Yeah, they-- our administration-- want our Fridays so bad they have hemorroids. I had breakfast with a friend and then drove to Clarksdale to pick up a spin bike. That is a nice addition to the gym.

Saturday was the Oaks, the first race I have done since the Mississippi River Marathon and Half in February. That made things feel a little bit like normal. I ran about what I thought I would, a 10:08 pace. I want more, better, faster. Last night, I wrote out a plan to run faster next year. Now, I have to execute the plan. In the afternoon, I went to Plate City and lifted both push and pull. Probably I will not upper body lift next week, but save it for Chicot. Saturday is Chicot. If you pray, please put me and the crew at the top of your list.

For the week, I

swam a mere 8,300 meters,

lifted weights three times, 

spun 3:30,

ran 20.91 miles.

That was not a bad week if it was this week. It reads like a Chicot taper week. But it is what it is. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment