Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Seven Surface Run

Tuesday was a pretty big day, and it started with a pretty big swim. I was stroking by seven minutes until 5:00 a.m. and went for a little over two hours straight amassing 5,100 meters. Not bad. Not good as far as pace goes, but the kind of distance I need and more.

Then I taught four classes at the Greenwood Center. Not bad. After school, I went out for some road work and wound up running on seven surfaces. I left the house on asphalt, went straight to the levee where I hit grass. Going up and over the levee, I entered the Yazoo River Trail where I found some forgiving dirt.

The always delightful Yazoo River Trail
I shuffled about 3/4ths of a mile on the trail before coming out and going back up the levee on grass where I crossed the new bridge on concrete. When I transversed the bridge, I took Front Street on ancient brick. I went to Howard Street and ran the sidewalk south for three blocks, crossed the street and ran back the other side. The sidewalks on Howard are covered with new brick, and with the wheelchair accessible crossings, it is a joy to run.

Back to Front Street, I went to Keesler Bridge and crossed it mostly on wood for my sixth surface of the day. There are not many place where you can run on wood, but the old bridge, as we call it, is one of them. I ran down the Boulevard awhile then headed home. Somewhere before I got home, I shuffled an alley to get one of my favorite surfaces, gravel. That made seven and a total of 4.35 miles.

With a big swim and a seven-surface run done, it was time for Plate City. I was so fatigued that I could not even bear the idea of doing push and pull so I did push only. On the bench, I pressed

21 X 102
15 X 112
12 X 117

That was followed by a set of triceps pushdowns for 26 X 30. With a little rotator cuff work thrown in, I was done.

Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment